Eco Friendly Natural Wood Finishes
Livos Oil - a natural enviromentally friendly oil that is safe and creates a water resistant and food safe surface. Applied by hand over the course of a few days to seal and protect the woods surface. Contains l resins that can be buffed to a light gloss sheen.
KUNOS 244 -
• contain no synthetic chemicals, only biologically and environmentally responsible ingredients
• are all rigorously tested (never on animals!) for health and safety
• won't aggravate allergic reactions, asthmatic conditions, or skin irritations
• won't cause nausea, headaches and nervous system disorders associated with synthetic products
• rare 100% biodegradable
• list EVERY ingredient on EVERY label, even those that make up less than 2% of the formula
• can be disposed of with regular household garbage
• reduce toxic fumes and air pollution
• provide excellent quality and coverage
• provide beautiful color
• promote healthy living
• improve air quality both at home and in the environment
• LIVOS products contain organically sourced ingredients and are never tested on animals
Transparent, satin finish, water resistant according to German Industrial Norm DIN 68 861, part 1
Open-pored it produces a protective film after 2 - 3 coats
German Industrial Norm DIN 53 160 certified for color fastness when exposed to perspiration and saliva DIN EN 71 Part 3 certified, suitable for toys
Linseed oil, linseed oil - stand oil - natural resin ester, linseed-oil - wood oil - stand oil, natural resin glycerol ester, linseed oil - stand oil, orange oil, isoaliphates, silicic acid, micronized wax , pine oil, rosemary oil, lead free drying agents
Pure Tung Oil is water and
alkali resistant. It resists marring, penetrates well, is elastic and
unlikely to check. Tung oil builds quickly, consolidates the wood surface
and builds a transparent matte finish. It should be kept in an airtight
container with minimum air space. Pure Tung Oil contains no thinners or
driers and has a light nutty odor.
Tung Oil is pressed from the nuts of Tung tree is known also as China wood oil and nut oil. The oil is still known in some circles as "China wood oil".
Tung Oil is an ideal "binder" or "vehicle", carrying the resins and dryers deep into the pores of the wood so that sealer and finish coats practically become part of the wood - drying into an armor-like yet beautiful surface. The thin, transparent oil penetrates deep into wood pores, forming an almost permanent seal against moisture because it never loses its elasticity. Tung Oil is the world's oldest and best wood preservative.
Tung Oil offers a protective barrier against water, stains, abrasions and wear. The look is natural, hand-rubbed, classic; perfect for fine furniture
Pure Teak Oil - squeezed locally from the nuts of the teak tree with no modifiers added
All wood products can be produced sanded and ready for a finish by special order. Alternately we can hand rub in a white or clear wax to protect the surface but allow the natural wood to show.